94 views
Verified Reviewer

I booked recently an appartament through VRBO.com. All through the booking process the total price of the booking (including cleaning fees, service fees) was statted 711.08 EUR.

After I had entered my CC details, everything seemed fine.

But than for some reason no confirmation e-mail was send. This made me a bit suspesious. Later came an e-mail of the property, but there was no information of payment details. I just was asked to fill out my arrival and departure time.

That made me even more suspesious. So I asked the property directly (as they contacted me directly) to send me any payment details. And they did and again, the total sum stated was 711.08 EUR.

Than I checked my bank account the other day and saw that I have been charged twice for my booking.

First withdrawel of 77.44 EUR was on the 16.01. from YPS*HOMEAWAY DROGHEDA CO IE.

The second withdrawel later on the 16.01.

of 711.08 EUR of the appartament directly.

On the booking it said, that the total price will be 711.08 EUR!!!

I reached out to the VRBO help center, as well as to the property, but neither of them can explain me, why 77.44 EUR were taken. And even the most troubeling thing is, that neither of them even know who YPS*HOMEAWAY DROGHEDA CO IE is!!!

VRBO claims, it is a third party software for charging money for bookings of the property. But the property has ensured me, that the total cost I have to pay is 711.08 EUR.

These conversations with both sides went for hours, but no result.

WHAT IS GOING ON???

IS IT A FRAUD ISSUE???

WHY A THIRD PARTY IS ALLOWED TO TAKE ANY MONEY FROM ME???

I have contacted my bank, but they also can not help me any further.

THAT IS THE LAST TIME I WILL BOOK THROUGH VRBO OR ANY OTHER BOOKING PROVIDER OF EXPEDIA!!!

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!

I will stick to AirBNB, through which I have booked over the recent years and NEVER EVER I had any trouble.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vrbo Property Booking.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

VRBO Cons: Unclear service charge.

Comments