58 views

Update by user May 10, 2020

Manager never offered to honor their published refund policy. I still recommend that everyone avoids renting any of his managed units

Original review posted by user Apr 10, 2020

Avoid all Vrbo & Airbnb properties in Trieste Italy managed Riccardo Petelin and Lee Dizon. Warning Riccardo will steal your money.

Advertised as 100% refundable up to 30 days before arrival. I canceled over 100 days before arrival. I was told by Vrbo that I had deal directly with the property manager and that Vrbo could not help me. Riccardo Petelin refused to refund the money and only offered a credit, which we cannot use.

Theft by Deception. Vrbo Property #1047****ha, Airbnb Property #3595****

User's recommendation: Warning Avoid All Vrbo & AirBnB Properties managed by Riccardo Petelin.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vrbo Apartment Rental.

VRBO Cons: Will steal your money.

Comments

#1935170

Same problem

When making my summer plans last November I booked apartments for July with Airbnb and with Vrbo. I am in the most vulnerable group, 79 years old with health problems (heart and diabetes), and not allowed any exposure to the virus.

I had to cancel my summer plans due to the Corona virus. Airbnb answered my cancellation and refund request within 48 hours. Vrbo accepted the cancellation with a notation that there would be no refund. They are keeping over $ 1000.- of my money.

There is no customer service number. Be warned and avoid this company at all cost!

VRBO Reviews