Signal Hill, California

Our trip was ruined by this dishonest owner and his unlivable house. We have indisputable photos and texts for evidence.

My family went to LA and rented a house from Vacation Rental by Owner for a quick 4-day weekend. There were so many issues, but the critical ones include over over a dozen bags of trash left over from other renters that the owner refused to remove for all 5 mornings of our stay, smoke detectors with no batteries which are a fire code and safety violations, misrepresentation of amenities like a jacuzzi and bed sizes, and lack of action and unfulfilled promises from the owner. We have pictures and texts to substantiate every issue and verify the dishonesty of the owner. This owner has used other rental sites in the past and when he gets too many bad reviews, he changes where he advertises. We found his "fix it" list laying in the house and many of the issues we had were on it, which makes the owner that much more unethical because he KNEW there were issues but refused to fix them before renting to us.

These are not petty issues, they are breach of contract and safety issues. I have filed complaints with the rental site VRBO, the HOA, and the BBB, the health department, and the fire department. I have put a reviews on other places as well in the hopes that we can stop this owner from taking advantage of other families. Our short trip and weeks thereafter were consumed with managing the problems we encountered in this nightmare rental.

For details/photos/videos, please search YouTube under "California CPA takes advantage of vacationing families". I am making this available so anyone renting from other sites can search the owner name and the address and find these reviews, since the owner has been able to remove the negative reviews somehow. He also owns the Merry Maids office that he uses to clean the property, which explains some of the contradictions they told us when resolving the issues.

1. Water was turned off, we could not flush toilets. We had to wait at the house for 4 hours for water.

2. Toilet and kitchen sink leaked all over, which we had to clean up (owner knew about the leak and had it on his "fix" list which we found laying around. We had to wait til NEXT DAY to let plumber in to fix the toilet.

3. Mountains of trash were lying on ground and strewn about the yard by animals. Owner was informed of issue, said he would fix it twice, but then didn't fix it until after the 5th day when we left.

These are facts.

Check out the YouTube site with evidence in photos and videos by searching "California CPA takes advantage of vacationing families"

Review about: Vrbo House Rental.

Preferred solution: Check the VRBO complaint for details..

I didn't like: Service, Cleanliness, Ethics, Honesty, Integrity.

Had an Experience with Vrbo?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion