I requested to receive more information on a rental. I received a response back that the rental was already booked, but the gentleman stated he would see what other rentals were available during that week.

He contacted me about another rental that he could rent to me and the price at which he could offer it to me for the week. We exchanged many emails back and forth during the duration of about a week. He then sends me the contract to sign and instructions to pay the deposit. Unfortunately, after the deposit was already made, something was just not sitting right with me in my gut so upon further investigating it turns out I was a victim of a scam by someone who is posing as a property manager for listings on VRBO, and I was taken for $900.

I reach out to the bank and PayPal, but they are saying they cannot refund my money back because it was a person to person transaction.

I will never use this website again to book a vacation. It is not secure and trustworthy.

User's recommendation: Do not use this website. It is not trustworthy and not secure.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vrbo House Booking.

VRBO Cons: Not secure and trustworthy.

Comments