Verified Reviewer

4.0

We had nowhere to dump the trash. We were told to use the big dumpster which had padlocks on it so we therefore incurred a huge fine for improper trash bagging.

We reached out to know what to do with no response. The guard at the guard gate said just use the neighbors trash cans????? Our intention was to empty the trash cans and scrub the two bins clean. Upon departure Saturday AM we found the big bins were locked and to use the neighbors empty cans.

I asked the Owner and told him what transpired and there was no response until we got the huge hit for the trash.

1OutsideIncorrect trash disposal Unbagged and loose trash placed in trash can, resulted in flies and maggots. Had to be emptied by hand and added to trash bags for proper disposal.$75.00

2OutsideIncorrect trash disposalBagged trash placed into recycle. Violation of trash policy. Had to be sorted by hand.

Also my son had forgotten his wallet and we were charged $60 to return it.

Here are the Owner's comments:

"Dear Andrew

Thank you for sending the wallet, however I really think that $60.00 is a very high cost to return a kids wallet. Even $25 for overnight and say $10 for an hour of your time, but $60.00 that is absolutely ridiculous. I also told you about the trash cans. We tried to empty then both completely but the big bins were locked with a padlock.

The guy at the gate said just use the neighbors bins. I do not think it is fair to be charged so much for the trash when we had a big van and was going to load up the big cans and take them to the dumpster and then scrub the cans. This was not an option as your big dumpters were padlocked.

"Hi Lisa,

You are overlooking the fact that the trash can was full of loose trash and the waste was not bagged. This was a very unpleasant job for somebody to have to go through and bag - by hand.

Try going through a full trash can of somebody else's garbage (full of flies and maggots), I can asure you it is not pleasant. The resultant flies were all around the yard and inside the house giving us even more of a problem (as we had another guest due at 4pm and had to eliminate the pests).

The postage fee to overnight the wallet was $26.95, the charge for one of my contractors to go to the post office, wait in line for 30 mins and then return to the job they should have been doing was $45 - a total of $71.92. I incurred a loss returning the item to you (which we have no obligation to do). I did this just to help you.

I am very saddened that you have seemingly little respect for other people's time.

Have a good afternoon.

Regards, Andrew"

"You seem to overlook that I am very thankful you returned by son's wallet.

Had I know it would be so expensive, I have friends within 10 minutes of there that could have done it for postage. I guess I should have asked you first. I thought you were a decent person/manager. I again told you we were going to dispose of all of the trash and wash and scrub the trash cans.

We kind of had our hands tied when we were not able to use the big trash bin as indicated by you on the wall and in your book and on line via the house rules. Again the guard at the gate said use the neighbors cans we have no access to the big cans. If we had know that, we would have done something different. Our plan was to drop everything in the dumpster and then scrub the cans Saturday morning.

However the bins were locked."

"If I wasn't a decent manager/person I wouldn't have bothered with the wallet. I don't have time during my 12 hour days to go the post office. I did the best I could with the limited resources we have due to the Pandemic and still incurred cost."

I will not respond any further concerning this matter.

Andrew

"You put someone in the house without letting them know that the previous occupants have Covid?

I thought there had to be some time between occupants. I sent you the positive test results via text."

User's recommendation: Do not use!!!!!!!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments