852 views
Verified Reviewer

Featured

Forced to cancel vaca due to government imposed travel restrictions. The homeowner reusing to give us full refund.

VRBO ASSURED me we could 100% Refund then says that i was give incorrect info. In these u precedented times VRBO IS NOT standing behind their customers.

I hear AIRBNB is ! For anyone looking for future vacation planning STAY AWAY from VRBO

User's recommendation: DO NOT TRUST VRBO!!! LIED TO.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vrbo Property Booking.

VRBO Cons: Lied about refund.

Explore video interviews

Comments

My vacation was for March 28-April 4th 2020 and I refused to cancel my reservation, due to the owner changing the policy after I made the first payment. I am out of a villa in Las Vegas for $12,397.00 VRBO rep granted our refund and after the owner contacted us and asked to re-schedule our trip.

We finally agreed for a later date next march/April. Now in recent discovery, a murder was committed at the property and VRBO deleted the owner off the site. The owner is not contacting us. VRBO is giving me the run around.

All I want is to get our refund back and our Las Vegas vacation is ruined.

They do not have the greatest customer service and it is very difficult to talk to an agent. I am frustrated and want someone to give me the correct information.

Same here, guest stays and leaves and still no payment. All customer service can do is TALK to you.

The are unable to fix anything. Last time I had a payment problem took a month to fix. If you were a housekeeper, hot tub or pool person how would like to be told I see that there is a problem with you getting paid but don't know when you will. You would quit!

Vrbo was a great site until the big company that couldn't beat them purchased them and the change started that day. I like many other owners just looking for another option.

@PissedConsumer1868985

Have you received your money yet? We have renters showing up next year, have paid in full, and VRBO is refusing to give us our money, insisting that we will get it a day or so after the renter arrives.

I am wondering if I should have the renter cancel and re book through me? What if VRBO does not refund their money?

I am the owner of a VRBO listed property, VRBO received payment in full for a reservation, the guest came to stay, departed on schedule and I 5 days later still have not received any payment from VRBO. Complete ly ILLEGAL , THEY ARE NOT COMPENSATING HOME OWNERS FOR RESERVATIONS !!!!

I need to contact a lawyer. Terrible business practices.

@PissedConsumer1862954

Same thing happened to me. I filed a complaint with the BBB

Same here. The owner has said he refuses to negotiate any funds.

He rented in good faith then turns out not to work with anyone. Names should be released of all owners who refuse to work with clients so that others do not get in the same position

@PissedConsumer1851197

Same here. They cancel my reservation because they thought they can rent it for more money. Then Covid-19 hit

Despite many requests the owner of the condo we were supposed to stay at is penalizing us 30% for not being able to travel during a GLOBAL PANDEMIC and Government shutdown. It is a condo in Amelia Island, Florida managed by Mock's Amelia Vacations.

They refuse to give me the owners contact information to discuss.

I find it despicable to take advantage of people during a nationwide stay at home order when everything is closed. VRBO should step up and remove all listings of owners who refuse to refund people's hard earned money.

can you dispute the charges with your credit card company?

#1921846
@Waunetta

Good luck with that one..... rented a place through VRBO, our flights were cancelled so I contacted the property manager.

Complete radio silence for a week, contacted VRBO whose advice was to.... contact the property manager, they also said they would email the property manager and I should hear with 24-72 hours. A few days later, still nothing so I try calling, no one answering. At this point since I cannot travel and I am getting nowhere through VRBO, I open a dispute with the credit card company.

Guess who they side with.... The reason given "the charges are valid" I mean the charges were valid when I paid them before *** hit the fan, before my flights were cancelled and before I would have to quarantine for the entire duration of my vacation. I would have been happy with the option to rebook within 2 years, but now just want a full refund and to be done with it.

Not looking likely at the moment though and I am facing losing thousands. Unbelievable.

I'm having the same issue with a property manager in Charleston, SC. I'm out over $1600.

VRBO was not helpful. I just filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau.

I don't know how the property manager can justify profiting from this global health crisis at the expense of their customers. I'm LIVID!

I cannot get VRBO to refund a "refundable damage deposit" of $1500 that was due upon timely cancellation. VRBO timely refunded the rental but not the damage deposit.

Upon contacting VRBO they report there is a "technical issue" preventing the refund.

I don't believe for one minute there is a technical issue. It is time for a class action to be brought against VRBO.

We have also been denied a full refund for the three week vacation that we had paid for in full a year ago. When we contacted VRBO, we were told to try to work with the homeowner to get our refund.

With the ongoing travel restrictions and common sense keeping your distance, we question what does the owner want us to do - can't get any groceries once we got there, no restaurants/parks are open etc. ?

Will definitely be doing what we can to make sure that any and all reviews of future VRBO/HomeAway potential customers are well aware of their deceitful practices. Hey AIRBNB , take the opportunity to do a press release alerting everyone to this anti-consumer tactic.

Even in this time with the virus we too were denied a refund....hope VRBO goes out

Same thing happened to us. we are out $2,000 while air bnb is refunding everything. never again!

@PissedConsumer1843637

It’s unthinkable that VRBO is allowing this! When this pandemic is over VRBO will hopefully be out of business !

VRBO Reviews