172 views
Verified Reviewer

I find it unconscionable that I can't get a refund or a partial refund for a Florida property! I have no respect for this company and will never use them again- I will make sure people know how horrible this company is treating people in This time of crisis.

They should be ashamed of themselves. AIRBNB has risen to the occasion and refunded people. This is infuriating.

This business does not deserve to survive. They should take a look around and do the right thing.

User's recommendation: Do NOT use Vrbo. Use air bnb.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vrbo Property Booking.

VRBO Cons: Integrity.

Comments

Also in full agreement. The owner will not give a refund of any amount - not even half acknowledging that both parties have a loss.

A call to VRBO say they won't intervene. The apartment was not accessible during a lockdown in Switzerland so how is this our fault? Both Trip Advisor umbrella companies (Holiday Lettings etc) and Airbnb are offering full refunds and providing financial support to their owners.

So swing your future bookings to TripAdvisor or Airbnb as they have supported the traveler.VRBO is under the Expedia umbrella so keep that in mind when using Expedia services as well. Like others, I will NEVER use VRBO again unless they change their policies and require hosts to give refunds for bookings made prior to March 14th for stays during the lockdown.

Totally agree, I just lost over $4K from having to cancel spring break plans. I will never ever ever use vrbo unless they change heir policy for during this Coronavirus time.

This company is so unpatriotic and insensitive at this time. I was offered only a refund of vrbo fees and no other options like rescheduling the trip. This is unfathomable and unforgivable. My preference is for a full refund, no questions asked.

I booked this trip way before even hearing about Coronavirus in China. It is like saying we are responsible for paying for our rental even though the property might have been damaged ty a tornado or hurricane.

Please Vrbo I implore you to do what is right and have the owners supply full refunds to renters effected by this. Thanks

They are basically throwing their clients under the bus. They will probably re-brand the service after they lose customers over this but we as consumers need to make sure they are never allowed to do this again to customers no matter what they call themselves.

@PissedConsumer1842728

I had a bad experience myself with another rental company during this pandemic. Their greedy and despicable

That is really *** The owner I’m dealing with is refusing to change dates or give any refund. Pretty much we go or we do the right thing and stay and loose our money that we really need during this time.

@PissedConsumer1842167

Apparently a lot of people are experiencing this and no one is being held accountable. Can this be a class action?

I am in agreement, we had to cancel our Disneworld vacation due to Corona Virus and the owner of the rental property will only refund us 1/2 our money. VRBO INITIALLY assured me that we would be refunded the full amount with 24-48 hours.

Representatives name was Bailey. Called when we didnt recieve money days later and. VRBO says, “ sorry you were give wrong i formation” i say here is my case number, name of rep and time and date of call.” I was told they are far to busy right now because of Corona Virus so can not pull the call.

Thanks for leaving me high and dry in these uncertain times VRBO. I will never use your conpany again!!!

@Linda

I totally understand I feel like they are stealing our hard earned money with no repercussions for their actions or accountability.

VRBO Reviews