Verified Reviewer

1.2

Upon arrival we felt very unsafe and also the property was unclean and not what was represented in the pictures. Spent over $500 on this stay and did not even stay there due to what we felt was a lack of safety.

Drove 4 hours in the middle of the night to return home because i could not afford to pay these people and another property. I made every effort to resolve it with the owner and they would not refund and i have not even received back my deposit of $100 and i never even stayed at their property. VRBO was zero help and i have reached out to them repeatedly and have not received any answer from them until i got a survey to complete on their customer service tonight. I was told my case was being escalated to their health and safety department and that i would be contacted in 24-48 hours but here it is 10 days later and i had to call them again after receiving that survey which only infuriated me further.

The customer service agent tonight told me that they have been unsuccessful at getting the owner to give me a refund. Are you kidding me??? That is the only recourse I have is for you to try to do what I already did?? I specifically asked the person on the first call i made to them that very night- are you just going to try to ask the owner to give me a refund- the person said "no we are going to escalate this and it will be up to VRBO"...that was a lie.

I guess VRBO doesn't care what kind of bad press they get. I will be filing a complaint with BBB and voicing my opinions to friends and family. What else can be done??? This is robbery as far as I'm concerned.

This is outside of a request to cancel- this was an unfortunate situation that caused my daughter and I to feel completely unsafe to stay at this property.

We would not have been able to sleep if we had stayed there. I will never ever book with VRBO again - not ever.

User's recommendation: Don't ever expect a refund from VRBO- no matter what- book with AirBNB.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vrbo Condo Rental.

VRBO Pros: Many listings.

VRBO Cons: Extremely poor customer service and refund policy.

Comments