Verified Reviewer

Update by user May 24, 2021

Multiple contacts with customer support and nothing. They've basically said I am out of luck.

Original review updated by user May 24, 2021

We rented a condo in July 2020 through VRBO, we like it so much, we wanted to come back in September, so we rebooked immediately for Aug-Sep. Well, things happen in a pandemic, and we decided to move to this summer, Jul 2021.

We contacted the management company through the VRBO site, and they confirmed the date change was fine, however, they never updated the reservation to the new dates, and after a few messages back and forth, they went silent. Now the listing has been pulled, and the management company is not responding to phone calls, emails, etc. I opened a case with VRBO support and now, I get disconnected on phone and chat when I give them the case number and they realize the situation. I was literally hung up on twice and disconnected on chat twice today after giving them my case #.

What an absolute scam. There is no protection and if an owner/property manager wants to screw you out of your money, they are free to do so at will.

I will never use VRBO to book another trip, and I've been with them since the very early days. What a disgrace.

User's recommendation: Stay away!

Product or Service Mentioned: Vrbo Condo Booking.

Monetary Loss: $2083.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

VRBO Pros: Great variety.

VRBO Cons: No accountability, Poor customer service, No guarantee.

Comments