We booked this home for a long weekend to visit my son is Scottsdale. When we booked we paid in full because it was about 30 days out.

After booking we ran into a few issues with my son being exposed and self quarantine and such. I reached out to the property manager BRENT PAULY. Our initial emails were responded to until I brought up possibly cancelling. His lack of customer service skills were unbelievable.

Here are a few of his responses to us: ""There was a pandemic prior to you booking. If you are worried about being around someone who has been around someone else with Covid-19 maybe they should not come. You and your family had every intention of coming out here even with Covid-19 still being around. I am not sure what is changing now." WOW---..After all that, things were ok with my son and we were going to keep the reservation.

Then 7/3 Chicago issues an Emergency Order to self quarantine when returning from AZ starting on 7/6. We are all returning to Chicago and work outside of the house so that is not a possibility. Plus the increase of cases in AZ caused us to cancel our reservation. We reached out and received the same response..if they rebook it we will get some type of refund.

It was 3 days out at this time and no way would it be rebooked especially in AZ now. We asked for a credit to use for another time/location etc. Same scripted response...no we are outside of the cancellation period. This was our 1st and obviously last time to use VRBO.

Their website says they advise the owner to show flexibility with cancellations during this Covid time.

Some much for flexibility. Extremely inept customer service!!c

User's recommendation: STAY FAR AWAY FROM VRBO.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vrbo House Booking.

VRBO Cons: Por customer service, Just overall bad customer service.

Comments