Verified Reviewer

1.4

In short - they took my money for an unavailable property. They will not acknowledge or respond to any attempt to rectify the situation.

We arrived at our destination and were unable to contact property owners.

We found out later that night they had been killed 2 months earlier. We called the only VRBO number and told them the property was unavailable. We could not stay there, nor could anyone else. The property needed to be removed and not booked in the future.

Additionally, we were left with no place to stay. We were charged for the property.

I have tried to deal with at least six "customer service" representatives. They all asked if I spoke to the property owners, after I explained that they had been murdered.

WE WERE CHARGED FOR THE PROPERTY THAT IS ABSOLUTELY UNAVAILABLE.

VRBO will not acknowledge or respond to any of my requests.

WE HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN ISSUED A REFUND.

I AM UNABLE TO EVEN SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO HAS THE CAPABILITY OF ISSUING A REFUND.

This has to be the absolute worst customer service I have ever tried to deal with. It is like Fort Knox - you cannot speak to a supervisor or a manager.

You cannot access anyone beyond a person who answers the phone from their home and asks rote questions from a checklist.

In addition, they can't assist you in any meaningful way.

There has to be some sort of management for this company. I certainly cannot find a way to access it.

User's recommendation: Do not book through VRBO unless you are absolutely certain that everything will be perfect and you will not need any sort of customer service.

Preferred solution: I need a full refund for a property that could not be used. I need compensation for being left with no place to stay. I need a discount for the more expensive property I had to rent. I need compensation for the hours I have spent trying to resolve this.

VRBO Pros: Angie a property owner.

VRBO Cons: Little or no customer service.

Comments