Verified Reviewer

We recently rented a property on Longboat Key in Florida, at the Windward Bay property at $5,000/month. Three days after arrival, construction began to include jack hammering, saw buzzing, hi/lo equipment and parking space obstruction.

The noise was deafening and made any virtual work/conference/zoom calls from the condo impossible for six days. The owner took NO responsibility for the above, asking us to be "patient." We sent audio and visual to VRBO asking for guidance. The agent fully appreciated the intolerable noise level (he could hardly hear me) and initiated a complaint. Within a day, I had a scripted answer, "VRBO is NOT responsible for any condition to the exterior of the rental unit!" Really?

Utter nonsense - use another rental service.

PS I was a former VRBO owner and the customer service tool is challenging. Also, do not use the insurance component as recommended - it is worthless! I had a renter bring a dog (without permission) with ensuing damage (carpet replacement needed).

VRBO and its representative insurance company (same owner, I believe) said that since a dog was NOT included in the lease, the insurance coverage of a dog mess was NOT included in the coverage. Unbelievable!

User's recommendation: Try to rent with a local management company if possible.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Vrbo Pros: Inventory.

Vrbo Cons: Horrible customer service.

Comments

#2077721

I went through *** myself with a property that was grossly mis-represented and charging as if we were in the suburbs of Atlanta. Vrbo didn't do a damn thing to help.

Why? Because I did not contact them while I was there and did not take out their BCW insurance. HUH?

I personally want to take the renter to court and VRBO as well for advertising such properties and no one warned? They are still allowed to post garbage properties filled with lies?

Vrbo Reviews