Verified Reviewer

This company is extremely dishonest. It was very difficult to cancel our reservations in Italy for July, 2020.

The company booked 2 apartments instead of one without me knowing. I found out about it by accident when we had to cancel our trip because of COVID. We tried to cancel these reservations 3 times, once by contacting the property manager, then by talking to 2 different representatives at the Home Away office. The last time we spoke to them it was confirmed that the reservation was cancelled.

9 days later 2 apartments were still reserved and not cancelled. After contacting the property manager again and demanding immediate cancellation of the bookings we finally received confirmation of cancellation. Both cancellations had a fee of 44 euros, 88 euros in total, which was not disclosed in the agreement. It says that 100% of the booking is refundable.

I had similar problems with this company in the past when the fee for the reservation was doubled without us knowing.

Stay away from HOME AWAY!!! The other companies like AirBnB.Ca or Bookings.com do not treat their customers this way.

VRBO Cons: Poor custoemr service and lack of follow through, Vrbo did not support the customer one hundred percent, Terrible business ethics, Way i was treated, Ceo sent me to salesperson bad service unauthorized guest refund.

Comments