Verified Reviewer

2.2

I purchased travel protection insurance through the company recommended by VRBO when I did my booking July 2019. As we obviously couldnt make the trip during the countrywide quarantine at the federal levels recommendation as well as the states involved, I filed a claim TWICE for a refund of the remainder of my payments that had not already been refunded by the property owner himself.

The insurance company refused to pay as it wasnt a covered event. Several calls to VRBO customer service have resulted in documented complaints with no response, sudden disconnections during explanation of my situation after extremely lengthy hold times and no regard for the fact that Im out almost $1000 for a trip I never got to take despite the fact I purchased the trip protection coverage, again, through the company recommended by VRBO. I feel they are ultimately responsible for the money Im out on a vacation I never got to take.

I would hope they had some regard for that as well as a concern regarding the coverage provider theyre choosing to recommend. I will NEVER book with this company again for sure.

User's recommendation: Avoid-use other Property Providers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vrbo Condo Booking.

VRBO Pros: Ease of search for properties, Convenient.

VRBO Cons: Use your money to profit during the coronavirus, Rudeness of agent abruptly quitting chat.

Location: Flushing, Michigan