549 views
Verified Reviewer

Featured

I booked a trip through VRBO last August for a June 13-20, 2020 vacation with my family to a Honolulu resort and purchased Cancellation Insurance. Hawaii is quarantining all visitors upon arrival for 14 days.

You can not leave your hotel room for anything except medical emergency. Violators are subject to $5000 fine and imprisonment. My Cancellation Insurance through VRBO protects against quarantine; however, they denied my claim. VRBO has done nothing.

The Hawaii quarantine is not a mere suggestion, it is enforced. You are issued a one-time-use key at hotel. You can not leave room or have visitors. You have room service only.

No restaurants, pools, beach or any sight seeing/tourist attractions. No one would subject themself to that willingly. If a cancellation Insurance policy offers coverage for quarantines, this is exactly the type they are talking about.

I have also filed a complaint with the California Department of Insurance and they responded promptly. I will never use VRBO again.

User's recommendation: Don’t use VRBO.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vrbo Property Booking.

VRBO Pros: Offer cancellation insurane.

VRBO Cons: Poor service when problems arise, Refusal of refund, Difficult to contact.

Explore video interviews

Comments

#1996143

SAME ISSUE!!!

#1964954

I agree. I am also having problems with VRBO to get a deposit refund for over $8000 due to COVID.

Even though the owner promised a refund in the case of COVID. It also appears that the owner listed the property for sale even before we cancelled.

They are not answering questions, or responding to e-mails. VRBO, owned by Expedia, and representing the property owner John Stiegler of California are showing a total lack of integrity!

Similar situation. VRBO has lost my business forever!

It's not some third party booking agency's culpability that a state, city, township, village, county, private business has imposed seemingly draconian rules in an attempt to control the Chinese Plague. It does reinforce the solid reasoning behind making your own travel and lodging plans directly with the ownership authority instead.

The same logic applies at this time to transportation arrangements. There will be no misunderstanding the terms and conditions.

@PissedConsumer1889903

He's barking up the wrong tree ...

VRBO Reviews